The Perfect Home in Gibraltar for Single Individual
The Perfect Home in Gibraltar. The number of people living alone has reached a large percentage of the population. In this regard, this indicator is expected to continue to increase as more and more young people are becoming independent before starting life as a couple. Likewise, there is also an increase in the number of divorces and separations, which means that the number of single-person households will continue to grow, and there is even a fashion or tendency to live alone for a few years, as a personal experience between family life and life as a couple, which is generally followed.
Not only young people
People who live alone and are more active in the real estate search tend to be between 25 and 35 years old, have a stable job, and are looking for a property in which, at a given moment, they can live as a couple. However, depending on the situation of each person, the profile varies, as there are also older people, recently divorced or widowed who are looking for a property that best suits their needs in terms of size, functionality, and expenses.
However, this type of client is looking for homes with a series of mandatory conditions. Among them, it is important to present a good communication system. Specifically, in some cases it is considered essential to have a parking space and, in others, there is the possibility of having means of transport nearby. Likewise, it is frequent that they demand, as inexorable features to the property, spaces in which they can work from home.
Singles are defined by their great capacity to adapt to small apartments. The apartments of their interest are located in the most central areas of the cities.
In those cases in which it is decided to reform the house, the line to follow is to integrate the kitchen into the living room and create a single bedroom, or at most two. The rest of the available space, including the bedrooms, is used for other purposes.
Brightness and light colours
Experts agree in confirming that there are more and more homes composed of people who have chosen to live alone, since they greatly value their comfort, as well as their own time and space. This is why this type of client demands that the home potentially contributes to achieving the well-being they are looking for.
To meet this requirement, homes designed for singles must be in good condition, cheerful and bright. These conditions are obtained through the conditions of the property itself, or by betting on the use and predominance of light colours in the property, which include the walls and furniture as well as the doors. In addition, it is important to work to achieve wide spaces that transmit this sensation, especially in places like the bedroom, the bathroom, or the dressing room.
Always with terrace
Penthouses are one of the most coveted types of homes, especially by singles. This is due to the light and the views that they can give off.
Also, if the property has (or there is the possibility of creating) a terrace, the chances of acquisition by this type of buyer are higher. In this line, the most valued are those terraces that have a good orientation, and the possibility of turning them into a resting space. There are even those who wish to dedicate some of this space to the cultivation of plants and flowers.
For example, this house located in the centre of Gibraltar has a superb rooftop pool with extensive sundeck and breath-taking views.
What other features should a single person’s home have?
Home is where the heart is, and for a single person, finding the perfect home is an exciting journey of self-discovery and independence. Whether you are a young professional starting your career or someone who enjoys the freedom of solo living, the ideal home should reflect your unique personality, cater to your needs, and provide a comfortable space to relax and recharge.
1. Size and Layout: For a single person, a cozy and well-designed space is preferable. A two-bedroom apartment can offer the perfect balance between comfort and functionality. An open floor plan can create an airy and spacious atmosphere, making the most of the available square footage.
2. Location: Location plays a vital role in finding the perfect home. Proximity to work, social venues, and essential amenities such as grocery stores and public transportation are key factors to consider. Safety and the overall neighbourhood vibe are also crucial for a single person’s peace of mind.
3. Low Maintenance: As a single individual, you may not have the time or inclination for extensive home maintenance. Look for a home with durable materials and low-maintenance features like hardwood floors, modern appliances, and energy-efficient utilities to save on costs and time.
4. Personalized Space: Your home should be a reflection of your personality and interests. Consider having a designated area for your hobbies or a small home office for remote work if applicable. Customizing your living space will make it feel more inviting and truly your own.
5. Natural Light and Views: A well-lit and airy home can have a significant impact on your well-being. Look for a place with ample natural light and perhaps a balcony or large window offering pleasant views. Natural light can boost your mood and energy levels, making your home a more enjoyable space to live in.
6. Storage Solutions: Organization is key for a single person living alone. Seek a home with ample storage space, such as built-in closets or shelving units. Clever storage solutions can help keep your belongings organized, reducing clutter and creating a more serene living environment.
7. Security: Safety is paramount, especially for those living alone. Look for a home in a secure building or community, with features like secure entry systems, well-lit common areas, and, if possible, a security system.
8. Access to Green Spaces: Having access to nearby parks or green spaces can be incredibly beneficial for a single person. These areas offer opportunities to exercise, unwind, and socialize with others, making them an excellent addition to any home.
9. Pet-Friendly: For pet lovers, finding a pet-friendly home is a must. Having a furry companion can bring joy and comfort, so consider looking for a place that welcomes pets and has nearby pet-friendly facilities.
10. Social Opportunities: While independence is cherished, having opportunities for social interactions is essential for a single person’s well-being. Choosing a location with nearby social venues, cafes, and community events can help you stay connected with others and foster a sense of belonging.
In conclusion, the perfect home for a single person is all about striking a balance between comfort, functionality, and personalization. It should be a sanctuary that reflects your unique identity, caters to your needs, and allows you to thrive independently.
TWO BED APARTMENT TO SALE IN ARENGOS GARDENS, Gibraltar
CENTURY 21 GIBRALTAR has at your disposal a lovely 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom apartment for sale in a brand new development of Arengos Gardens situated in Upper Town, the apartment comes fully furnished with reverse air-conditioning throughout.
Facilities include private allocated parking, a superb rooftop pool with extensive sundeck and breath-taking views, a gym, a laundry room, and lift access to the garage.
Close to the prior park school and a few mins walk into the town centre.
For more information or to arrange a viewing, please contact our sales specialist, Vishal Mulchandani, he can assist you in English and Spanish.