Renting an apartment in Gibraltar: What types of properties are available?
When it comes to renting an apartment the options can be very numerous. The wide variety of alternatives in rental housing includes everything from a penthouse to a studio apartment.
Faced with so many alternatives, it is important to analyze what your needs are and what type of property is perfect for you to feel at home. Below, we explain in detail each of the types of rental housing, their advantages and disadvantages so that you can choose the best option for you and your family.
Types of residential properties
When it comes to renting an apartment, the variety of properties that we can find is very wide, ranging from a plot of land to a penthouse-type apartment ready to move into.
Determine your personality as a tenant
To find out what type of apartment for rent best suits your needs, you can ask yourself some questions, for example:
- How much can you afford to pay each month to rent an apartment?
- How much space do you need?
- How big should the surrounding spaces be?
- How much freedom do you need?
- How much time and money can you invest in additional expenses?
After reading the key points about each type of rental housing, you will be able to determine which type of apartment is best for you.
Renting an apartment
Renting an apartment is the most common alternative for couples and families with children; and besides being the most demanded option, it is also the one that brings the greatest offer and variety in terms of prices, locations, etc. The apartments for rent can be of different sizes and include equipment and outdoor spaces such as terraces, patios, and more.
- It is easy to find apartments for rent in different price ranges, therefore, it is not complicated to rent an apartment in a central area for an affordable price.
- After renting an apartment you can decorate it your way and distribute the rooms as you like.
In case you don’t feel comfortable anymore, you can terminate the rental contract by giving a few months’ notice.
Renting a penthouse apartment
When renting a penthouse apartment you will have a dwelling located on the top floor of a building. The size can vary and most include terraces.
- The views from a penthouse are the best, especially if it is located in a tourist area or the building has more than five floors.
Lighting is perfect in all or almost all rooms, as penthouses receive natural light throughout the day.
- Most of them have terraces, where you can place a swimming pool, make a barbecue, and enjoy sunny days.
Renting a duplex apartment
Renting a duplex apartment refers to an apartment with two floors. The distribution can vary, although most of them have the kitchen and common areas on the first floor and the bedrooms on the second floor.
- Well-delimited spaces. In most duplex apartments the bedrooms are located on the upper floor and the common areas and kitchen on the lower floor.
- As the house is divided into two floors, the rooms are larger, something very appreciated when renting an apartment.
Renting a studio apartment
Renting a studio apartment means that you have a small apartment with no divisions, except for the necessary ones such as the bathroom or utilities. It is one of the most popular options for young workers who live alone.
- Studio flats are small and easy to clean. Renting a studio apartment is a perfect option for those who cannot dedicate themselves to cleaning and tidying up every week.
- The price paid by tenants for renting a studio apartment is much lower.
Renting a loft apartment
The visual freedom that comes from having no walls can only be proven with a loft. It is a dwelling very similar to a studio, with an avant-garde design and few divisions. They usually have many windows to facilitate the entry of natural light.
- The large number of windows brings very good natural light, much appreciated especially by those who must work or study at home.
- The price that tenants must pay for renting a loft apartment is much lower than an attic, a duplex, or any other type of housing.
Because of its reduced dimensions, the time and effort that must be dedicated to cleaning and tidying up is less.
As there are no divisions, the rooms can be used much more.
If your goal is to rent an apartment that seems tailor-made for you, don’t forget that apartments, penthouses, duplexes or studio apartments are ideal for couples or small families; moreover, they are generally modern and bright.
3-bedroom apartment for rent in Peninsular Heights, Gibraltar. An ideal choice for families
Welcome to the stunning 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartment located in Peninsular Heights. This beautiful property is perfect for those seeking a luxurious and comfortable living experience.
As you step inside, you’ll immediately notice the spacious and well-lit living room, perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing with family. The apartment features three bedrooms, all with ample storage space and large windows that let in plenty of natural light. The two bathrooms are beautifully designed.
The apartment is situated in a highly sought-after location, with easy access to local amenities, shops, and restaurants. The property is perfect for those who value convenience and accessibility.
The rental price for this property is £2,100 per month, making it an excellent value for those seeking a high-end living experience. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to rent this stunning apartment.
Contact CENTURY 21 GIBRALTAR‘s rental specialist, Francis Hormigo, today, he can assist you in English and Spanish. Click HERE for more information