How to have a bedroom where you can rest better?
In summer it is common for many people to have difficulty sleeping. According to experts, the lack of sleep is due to the high temperatures that prevail in this season of the year, dehydration, the greater number of daylight hours, and the increase of naps taken during the day due to the heat.
For this reason, it is of utmost importance that the bedroom is designed in such a way that we can rest better.
Keys to rest better with small changes in your bedroom
Functionality is one of the five pillars of interior design with well-being in mind. Undoubtedly, it is the factor that makes a space useful and healthy. More and more people are adopting a holistic approach to bedroom design for better rest, and trends such as music therapy and aromatherapy are increasingly present when it comes to special bedroom planning.
Sleep is the basis for good health. It improves our mood, attention, learning, and overall health, and a lack of sleep can lead to pathologies such as depression, anxiety, and weight gain.
There are many reasons why we can suffer from sleep problems and one of them is the environment of our own home.
According to experts, it is best if adult bedrooms are quiet, cool, and dark. In addition, it is desirable that the space we use for sleeping is not the same space we use for work.
Smart home technology can also play a positive role in improving sleep for better rest. Smart lighting, which adjusts throughout the day to optimize sleep conditions at bedtime, or air filtration systems are two good examples.
More and more people are requesting an over-bed lamp or wall sconces as a light point instead of standard ceiling lighting. There is no doubt that adjustable ambient lighting creates a much warmer and cozier space. To facilitate sleep, a bedside table with a good reading light before bedtime and a handy basket with products and resources to soothe the mind at bedtime, such as books or essential oils, are also recommended.
For an older person’s room, it is good if there is access to fresh water and a place to store medications. If there is enough space, a music corner would be a good idea. Experts insist on the benefits of music therapy as we age: it reduces stress, anxiety, and depression and is especially interesting for people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Technology can also help the elderly (and others with mobility problems), as well as their caregivers. Voice control systems allow, for example, lights to be turned on and off and blinds to be closed and opened by voice alone.
Also, if there are medical problems or cognitive impairment, it is possible to implement in the room of an elderly person some security measures. These mechanisms can also be based on technology. This is the case of motion sensors to let a caregiver know if the person has gotten out of bed or left the bedroom.
A survey by the U.S. National Sleep Foundation revealed that 80% of parents with preschool-age children would like to improve their child’s sleep. One change that can be made to a child’s room once he or she starts daycare or school is to add a bedside table with a reading light that the child can easily and independently turn off.
Also in this case it can be very efficient for the child to have a “bedtime basket” with items that he can use to calm down and sleep. These can be books, stories, puzzles, drawing pads, small toys… The child can resort to the items in this basket once it is bedtime until he is drowsy enough to fall asleep.
For infants, experts advise having a monitor and camera connected to the home system to monitor the sleep of the little ones.
The advantages of living in an apartment with spacious bedrooms like the ones Imperial Ocean Plaza in Gibraltar brings.
The Imperial Ocean Plaza building has many advantages, it has spacious bedrooms, well-ventilated, with double glazing, air conditioning, and fitted wardrobes.
The Imperial Ocean Plaza building in Gibraltar offers several advantages for residents. Here are some of them:
- Prime Location: Imperial Ocean Plaza is situated in a prime location in Gibraltar, providing easy access to a range of amenities and attractions. It is conveniently located close to the city center, allowing residents to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, restaurants, shops, and entertainment options nearby.
- Stunning Views: The building boasts magnificent views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Strait of Gibraltar. Residents can enjoy breathtaking sunsets, panoramic vistas, and the beauty of the surrounding area right from their windows or balconies.
- Modern and Luxurious Living: The Imperial Ocean Plaza building offers modern and luxurious living spaces. The apartments are designed with high-quality finishes, contemporary architecture, and stylish interiors. The building itself features state-of-the-art facilities and amenities, providing a comfortable and upscale lifestyle for residents.
- Amenities and Services: Residents of Imperial Ocean Plaza can take advantage of a range of amenities and services within the building. This may include a gymnasium, swimming pool, spa facilities, communal gardens, concierge services, and secure parking. These amenities enhance the overall living experience and add convenience to residents’ daily lives.
- Proximity to Gibraltar’s Business District: The building’s location near Gibraltar’s business district makes it an ideal choice for professionals working in the area. It offers easy access to offices, financial institutions, and other commercial establishments, reducing commuting times and enhancing work-life balance.
- Strong Community Atmosphere: Living in a building like Imperial Ocean Plaza fosters a sense of community among residents. It provides opportunities for social interaction, organizing events, and connecting with neighbors.
CENTURY 21 GIBRALTAR is pleased to offer A beautifully furnished 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment in Ocean Village. Situated in Imperial Ocean Plaza, it has access to all amenities that the Village offers right on its doorstep, as well as access to the communal pools and tropical gardens of Ocean Village. There is an en-suite off the master bedroom as well as a family bathroom.
The views from the panoramic balcony take in both the Rock and the far-reaching views of Africa across the Mediterranean Sea. Available fully-furnished, long-term.
Contact CENTURY 21 GIBRALTAR‘s rental specialist, Francis Hormigo, today, he can assist you in English and Spanish. Click HERE for more information