What are the advantages of living in a house with lots of natural light?
Living in a house with lots of natural light. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 90% of our time is spent indoors. Precisely for this reason, it is very important that we take care and value the amount of natural light we receive daily. Otherwise, failure to do so can lead to physical and psychological problems that over time can complicate our lives.
Inadequate lighting can cause fatigue, headaches, eye fatigue, stress, and insomnia, and can even cause us to adopt certain inappropriate postures that end up triggering muscular problems.
These are some of the advantages of living in a place with plenty of natural light
- It reduces the consumption of artificial light: natural light is free, so the greater the number of windows and balconies you have at home, the more energy savings you will make. Your bill will change completely because you will only consume when the sun’s rays are really gone. Less spending on light bulbs, less spending on lamps, and less spending on energy consumption. All this guarantees you greater sustainability.
- It allows you to have more green areas in your own home: you can create more corners with plants that will grow at ease because they get the sun’s rays and you too because plants bring a plus of joy, colour, and vitality to your home.
- Improve your mood and physical state: It is scientifically proven that natural light improves our performance and productivity. In fact, historically, sunrise was our manual alarm clock. Our working days were marked by it, and it regulates us, it is our biological clock. It provides, for example, the famous vitamin D, which strengthens our bones. Experts confirm that the sun improves low or depressive moods by increasing our serotonin and endorphin levels, contributing to the well-being and reducing the feeling of irritability. It also strengthens our immune system, our cardiovascular health, and our rest and some even dare to say that it helps us lose weight.
- It helps to define, structure, and distribute the space better: as there are fewer dark or shaded areas, we can take more and better advantage of any space and every corner. This automatically allows us to better distribute each room in our home. Believe it or not, brightness brings order, balance, and proportion. Luminous houses are more comfortable and more cheerful and invite you to spend hours and hours.
- Avoid damp areas: a sunny house is a house where there will be no damp spaces. This also avoids the proliferation of unwanted bacteria and fungi, so the spaces will automatically be cleaner and sanitized. We could say that the sun is a natural disinfectant.
The advantages of living in one of the brightest areas of Gibraltar
Gibraltar is one of the best cities to live in the world. It is located on the Strait of Gibraltar, between Europe and Africa, which allows an easy connection between both cultures. This in itself makes Gibraltar a unique place. The city is known for its great beauty, warm climate, and breath-taking scenery. Living in Gibraltar offers numerous advantages, such as:
- A warm and sunny climate with an average annual temperature of 21.2 °C.
- An excellent transport infrastructure with excellent connections to the airport and the rest of Europe.
- A wide range of sporting activities, an active social life, and a wide range of stores, restaurants, bars, and nightlife.
- A quality health system.
- The security of a small city with a low crime rate.
In addition, Gibraltar is one of the most prosperous and stable British enclaves in the world. This is because its economy is based on tourism, gambling, and financial services. This makes Gibraltar a very attractive destination for those looking for a safe place to live, work and study.
Gibraltar offers a variety of activities and a unique lifestyle that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. The security and economic stability make Gibraltar a perfect place to start a new life.
One of the most desirable areas of Gibraltar is the southern district, a predominantly residential area very well connected to the centre. The homes located in this area enjoy many hours of natural light, in addition to its unique micro-climate that makes this area better sheltered from the easterly winds that affect other areas of the Rock.
CENTURY 21 GIBRALTAR has at your disposal a 1 bedroom apartment for sale in the Brympton area, one of the quietest areas of Gibraltar.
This tastefully done apartment in Brympton is situated in South District. This spacious 57 sqm comes with a large 1 bedroom and a newly refurbished bath. A fully fitted open plan kitchen/dining with a large living room leading to a west-facing 5sqm balcony with stunning views of the bay. Includes allocated parking.