Furnished property in Gibraltar for sale: 5 reasons for this great investment
Furnished property in Gibraltar for sale: Sometimes, when we find a second-hand house that we “fall in love” with, we wonder if it is possible to buy it with the furniture that gives it so much personality and style.
In other cases, it is the owners who offer us the option of buying the house furnished, negotiating a higher sale price, or making a separate contract.
But, are we interested in buying a furnished house? What are the advantages of buying a house with furniture included compared to buying an empty apartment?
Furnished property in Gibraltar for sale: Is it worth buying a furnished house and is it a good investment?
The answer to these questions is not always easy, nor is it absolute, as it depends on each specific case.
Even so, more and more sellers opt to leave the furniture in their old home to save on moving or because they are going to opt for a different decorative style in their new home.
For this reason, buying a furnished property in Gibraltar is not usually much more expensive than buying it empty, and the price difference is not as high as when renting an empty or furnished apartment.
Therefore, money should not be the main motivation to make this decision even if it means long-term saving, both in economic terms and in terms of inconvenience.
The advantages of buying a home with furniture included
Some of the advantages of buying a furnished apartment are:
- It can mean savings for your economy. The initial outlay to furnish a house is usually quite high. In addition, when we buy a house, we assume many expenses in a short time and we have to use money from our savings. In this sense, a furnished house can give you some leeway to organize your finances.
- You will not have to wait to move into your new home. As soon as you sign the deeds, you can move in. This means an important saving, especially if you live in a rented house.
- You won’t waste time on additional steps such as buying furniture or measuring the furniture you already have to see if it will fit in your new home.
- In addition, moving house can be exhausting: if you buy a house with furniture, you will only have to move your most personal belongings, something that is usually convenient and quick.
- If you wish, you can combine the furniture in the house you have bought with the furniture you already have. You can also sell the furniture you don’t want to keep. The second-hand market has a lot of movement, and it will not be difficult for you to get a little extra income for them.
What kind of furniture are you interested in keeping?
In addition to the questions we have just discussed, before buying a house with furniture included, you should be clear about which items you are interested in keeping and which ones you are not. Some of the furniture that you should keep are:
Sofas and armchairs – One of the pieces of furniture that we can make the most of is sofas or armchairs.
Because of their size, they are difficult to transport and, if they are in good condition, they represent an important money-saving, make them yours with new covers, upholstery, cushions, pillows, etc.
Bases and mattresses – Bedsteads and mattresses are essential to enter to live in a house, and can also be an important economic saving. If the mattresses are in good condition and do not have much use, you can consider keeping them.
Regarding bed bases or canapés, you will be able to use them without any problem.
Appliances – Another important issue is household appliances. These are usually quite easy to keep. Check them, clean them, and save money.
Antique or rustic furniture with personality – With this definition, we refer both to furniture and peculiar decorative elements such as coat racks, lamps, tables, rocking chairs, or auxiliary furniture with special charm.
Furnished property in Gibraltar for sale: Centre Town Area
CENTURY 21 GIBRALTAR is pleased to offer a spectacular Penthouse in E1. This 2 bed 2 bath property situated on the 19th floor has an internal floor space of 87sqm plus a large 44sqm outdoor terrace offering spectacular views out towards Spain.
This apartment includes two parking spaces as well as a lock-up store.
E1 offers its residents a range of hotel-style services and facilities and is geared towards modern-day luxury living. This development is exceptionally well suited to investment landlords seeking solid yields with minimal fuss.
Each apartment is sold on a standard long lease basis and comes fully furnished and equipped throughout making them ready for immediate occupancy.
The development includes a Wellness Spa/swimming pool/gym and Health Club (discounted rates for E1 residents), as well as a co-working area on the first floor, dry cleaning services and room service within specified hours).
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please contact our Sales Team: